Equi-Build brukes til å fylle opp sålen til skohøyde og vil øke veksten av hovveggen ved at vekten blir fordelt over hele flaten. Equi-Build er perfekt for hester med tynn såle og lave eller trange drakter. Holder fukt og skitt ute og stimulerer blodomløpet til såle og stråle.
Distribute the weight across the entire hoof-bottom to grow heel, hoof wall and sole. Available in 180cc Cartridge.
• Self-leveling liquid is brought flush to the ground
• Adheres to the sole, sealing out moisture and debris
• Stops heels from contracting
• Allows for faster, thicker hoof wall and sole growth
• Takes pressure off wall cracks
• Can be used very successfully on foundered and laminitic cases
• Less wear on shoes allowing multiple resets
• Stabilizes shoes, no enlargement of nail holes
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING PRODUCT
• Vettec products are best used between 65° and 85° F (18° to 29° C). Temperature will affect the set time.
See Cold Conditions below.
• Areas of wetness or bleeding should not be covered. Once healed, commence using products.
• Product may not bond to hooves that have been heavily treated with products containing: oils, grease, pine tar, etc. In these instances a thorough denatured alcohol scrub and drying should be performed to ensure adhesion.
• The following procedures are best-accomplished wearing latex or rubber gloves.
• Do not burn or "Hot Shoe” this product.
• Use only Vettec mixing tips.
COLD CONDITIONS (Below 65° F)
• Failure to keep the hooves, shoes and product warm will dramatically slow the cure time. Example: At 32° F
the cure time advances 7 - 8 minutes.
• Do not microwave the cartridge or place it in water. Store the cartridges in an insulated "cooler” warmed with
microwavable heat pads or 1 to 2 tightly capped gallon jugs filled with hot water.
• In freezing temperatures, 32° F or less, the shoes must be warmed to keep condensation from forming on them and preventing the bond.
1. To open the cartridge, remove the tip at line with nippers. Insert cartridge into dispensing gun, label side up.
2. Before attaching the mixing tip, equalize the cartridge by squeezing out a small amount to ensure that both
sides are dispensing evenly.
3. Attach a mixing tip by pressing and twisting clockwise.
4. When finished, do not release the pressure with the lever on the back of the dispenser. Remove the mixing
tip immediately, discard and replace the cap. The pressure can now be released. Caps are available from
5. For additional applications, re-equalize the cartridge and attach a new tip.
1. Trim and balance the hoof and conservatively pare the sole. Remove any weak or soft material that will
exfoliate in the next 2-3 weeks, especially at the white line area.
2. Using a hoof knife trim and clean the frog, bars and commissures. Remove all loose sole and dirt with a
3. Pay special attention to the bars. The bars should not be lying over onto the sole as this could cause a
pressure point. If the bars are lying down, trim them back to proper position.
4. NOTE: Only if hoof is oily, wipe the affected areas with a cloth moistened with denatured alcohol being careful
not to saturate the hoof. Do not use acetone!
5. Have all materials ready (including contouring plastic and prepare the cartridges) before proceeding to the
6. Holding sole upward dry hoof thoroughly using a heat gun for 30-45 seconds. Do not overheat. Keep heat
source approximately 6 inches away from sole.
NOTE: All hooves contain natural moisture and must be dried exactly in the manner described above.
This step is critical for the product to achieve the appropriate bond to the sole.
1. Cut a piece of Equi-Mesh (REF #46030) to the outline of the shoe and place between the hoof and shoe
putting the curved side toward the sole.
2. Nail the shoe into position. If the sole is flat, seating out the shoe is advised.
3. Place 5.75" x 5.75"x 1/4” Foam Board (REF #46015) on shoe and let horse stand on it.
4. Lube hairline above the bulbs with petroleum jelly.
5. Lift hoof, fill with Equi-Build™ Fast Set and seal heels with duct tape.
6. Hold hoof elevated for 2 minutes and then set down on a flat surface.
7. Remove the Foam Board after 6 minutes or more and trim any excess material.
1. Apply modeling clay at the heels, as a dam and wrap the foot with duct tape where the shoe and hoof
2. Apply petroleum jelly to the hairline above the bulbs.
3. Using the mixing tip, dispense Equi-Build into the sole area until it is even with the ground level of the shoe.
4. Place either the plastic packaging that contained the cartridge or Contouring Plastic (REF #46904) onto the
material. Push with the palm of the hand from the toe toward the heel to ensure the elimination of voids.
5. Hold hoof for 2 minutes. Equi-Build will substantially thicken and the hoof can be released onto a flat surface.
6. Remove the plastic after 6 minutes or more and trim any excess material.
1. Pull nails from shoes.
2. Grab Equi-Build with pull-offs between heels, and remove with shoe as one piece.
Download Instruction PDF: English | French | Spanish
For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.